Skip to main content

Up on the Wall - Murals

Last year I was commissioned to paint a few murals.  This was a wonderful experience for me!  I was given little direction which allowed me to use my creative ideas to produce some unique pieces of art.  

The first was a scene from the beaches of the Pacific.  The homeowner wanted to surprise his wife who grew up living on the coast.  They were remodeling their bathroom and a wall mural was just the thing to complete the project!  

This is a view of the finished art
Close up of some of the tree detail




The second mural was for a family relative.  Also a bathroom remodel.  They ride horses in the foothills of central California, so this project was something I knew they would enjoy. 
Foothill path and trees, positioned above the bath 

Both pieces of art were painted using acrylics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pet Portraits - commissioned work

A pencil drawing of a beautiful Rottweiler.  This piece was commissioned by the client as a Birthday gift.  This second drawing was also commissioned by the same client for the same purpose.  Love the expressions on the two of these sweet pups! 

Real-estate Rendering

Recently I was commissioned to paint a real-estate rendering.  My friend who is a realtor asked me to paint an aerial view of the backyard of one of her listings. The painting was a gift to the seller's so they could remember their lovely home and the cherished memories made there.  It was a fun project. One that brought joy to the recipients. This is why I enjoy commissions so much.